Featherweight 221 Singer Sewing Machine Serial with Case & Accessories #AM144201 1955 FULLY SERVICED
Vintage Singer Featherweight 221 Sewing Machine Accessories and Case FULLY SERVICED FEATHERWEIGHT 221
Serial No AM144201 Made 1955 Elizabethport N.Jersey
Lightly used Featherweight 221 with accessories and case (see below for content details).
Before Foxtail lists a Featherweight for sale, machines are thoroughly cleaned, oiled and lubricated, and tested. This is an extensive process and among other things includes as necessary:
* Disassembling and cleaning the complete bobbin hook assembly (includes rotating hook, bobbin case base, hook loop guard, gib hook and screw);
* Disassembling and cleaning the entire tension unit;
* Disassembling, cleaning and oiling the hand wheel (the part that allows a bobbin to wind without the needle going into motion);
* Thoroughly cleaning all gears and all accessible areas of the inside of the machine with kerosene and applying lubricant and oil per Featherweight specifications;
* Removal of old lubricant in the motor ports and reapplication of new lubricant.
* Any parts that are not in good working order are replaced with working vintage parts or new parts (such as foot pedal cords).
Photos of stitching samples (top thread and bobbin) and a complete album of machine, case and accessories are available on Facebook at link below.
Shoppers are encouraged to visit Foxtail's Facebook page to view a complete album of photos at:
Foxtail strives to please customers with every purchase and believes full disclosure of any defects to vintage products should be made, so here are the details:
MACHINE RATING SCALE:
This machine is graded using Graham Forsdyke's Condition Chart which is accepted by the International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society (ISMACS). This rating system is used by enthusiasts all over the world and is now the universally accepted way of describing a machine. 10 would be like it just left the factory and 1 indicates it's good for spare parts only and in need of extensive restoration.
SPECIFIC RATING FOR THIS MACHINE:
7 - Very good used condition. All paint good; all metalwork bright.
1. Very little wear on clear coat. The decals show some wear.
See complete album at:
2. The face plate has no defects.
3. The machine has been completely serviced and tested, and everything works well.
4. Overall, the clear coat and paint are in good condition. A silicone dot has been placed on the faceplate screw to prevent dings in the paint on the fold up plate.
5. It winds a bobbin and stitches evenly with a pleasant sound and is easily portable in a carrying case that is in very good condition.
6. The foot pedal, cord and plugs for the wall and machine are vintage and have no defects. The foot pedal and plug that fits under the hand wheel are original.
This delightful treasure has been completely serviced. The motor is 110v. It runs quietly and makes smooth stitches.
Details of accessories and extra items that come with this machine and more condition information:
CASE CONDITION: Case is very sturdy and the outside and inside are in very good condition.
- 7 Presser feet:
Original Presser Foot
Bias Binder, Multi-Slotted with Guide Pins
Shirring or Gathering Foot
- Small Screwdriver
- 3 Bobbins
- Service Manual for Singer 221 (copy)
- Instruction Manual (original)
- Foot Pedal
- Clean felt drip pan liner
- New belt
- New spool pin spring and felt to facilitate smooth unwinding for modern cross-wound threads
- Silicone pad placed on face plate screw to prevent scratching of fold up plate
NOTICE: Foxtail suggests READING THE OILING INSTRUCTIONS prior to sewing. The bobbin case in these machines is to have one drop of oil prior to a day of sewing. There are other periodic service suggestions in the instructions and Service Manual that will keep your machine in good working order.
Again, shoppers are encouraged to visit Foxtail's Facebook page to view a complete album of photos at:
Foxtail has a 14 day return policy for Featherweight machines. If you notice a problem, contact Foxtail within 14 days of receipt and a refund will be issued for the purchase price. All machines are thoroughly tested prior to shipping. Please note shipping is non-refundable.
Thanks for shopping!