Featherweight 221 Serial #AF940409 Singer Sewing Machine With Accessories, Case and Extras 1941 Scrolled Faceplate FULLY SERVICED / REFURBISHED
Vintage Singer Featherweight 221 Sewing Machine with Scrolled Faceplate, Accessories, Case and Extras 1941
FULLY SERVICED FEATHERWEIGHT 221
Serial No AF940409 Made 1941 N.Jersey
Very lightly used Featherweight 221 with standard accessories, case and extras (see below for content details).
Before Foxtail lists a Featherweight for sale, machines are thoroughly cleaned, oiled and lubricated, and tested. This is an extensive process and among other things includes as necessary:
* Disassembling and cleaning the complete bobbin hook assembly (includes rotating hook, bobbin case base, hook loop guard, gib hook and screw);
* Disassembling and cleaning the entire tension unit;
* Disassembling, cleaning and oiling the hand wheel (the part that allows a bobbin to wind without the needle going into motion);
* Thoroughly cleaning all gears and all accessible areas of the inside of the machine with kerosene and applying lubricant and oil per Singer Featherweight specifications;
* Removal of old lubricant in the motor ports and reapplication of new lubricant.
* Any parts that are not in good working order are replaced with working vintage parts or new parts if electrical (such as foot pedal cords).
The case is in excellent condition. The lining shows very little wear and both latches and locks work.
Photos of stitching samples (top thread and bobbin) and a complete album of machine, case and accessories are available on Facebook at link below.
Shoppers are encouraged to visit Foxtail's Facebook page to view a complete album of photos at:
Foxtail strives to please customers with every purchase and believes full disclosure of any defects to vintage products should be made, so here are the details:
MACHINE RATING SCALE:
This machine is graded using Graham Forsdyke's Condition Chart which is accepted by the International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society (ISMACS). This rating system is used by enthusiasts all over the world and is now the universally accepted way of describing a machine. 10 would be like it just left the factory and 1 indicates it's good for spare parts only and in need of extensive restoration.
Machines are conservatively rated. Please view complete album of Facebook photos at links provided in this description. Shoppers are welcome to view this machine in person and may call or text 713.301.2459 for more information.
SPECIFIC RATING FOR THIS MACHINE:
8 - Very good used condition. All paint good; all metalwork bright.
What the average antique dealer would call "perfect".
1. The clear coat, paint and decals clearly show this machine was only lightly used.
2. The scroll face plate has no defects.
3. The machine has been completely serviced and tested, and everything works well. Fabric showing tension test with different top and bobbin threads are included in the Facebook album.
4. A silicone dot has been placed on the faceplate screw to prevent dings in the paint on the fold up plate.
5. It winds a bobbin and stitches evenly with a pleasant sound and is easily portable in a carrying case that is in very good condition.
6. The foot pedal, cord and plug for the wall and machine have no defects. The machine power plug is an original vintage part and fits securely into the machine's plug receptacle.
This delightful treasure has been completely serviced. The motor is 110v. It runs quietly and makes smooth stitches.
Details of accessories and extra items that come with this machine and more condition information:
- Case is in very good condition with working latches, locks and two keys.
The following Attachments are included:
Original Presser Foot
Bias Binder, Multi-Slotted with Guide Pins
Shirring or Gathering Foot
Zipper Foot (wide)
- 4 BLACKSIDE (rare) Bobbins
- Screw drivers (small and large)
- Service Manual for Singer 221 (copy)
- Instruction Manual (original in remarkable condition)
- Foot Pedal
- Clean felt drip pan liner
- New belt
- New spool pin spring and felt to facilitate smooth unwinding for modern cross-wound threads
- Silicone pad placed on face plate screw to prevent scratching of fold up plate
Buttonholer with Instructions & 8 Templates for Featherweight 221 and other Singer Lock Stitch Family Sewing Machines, Vintage Collectable Singer Part No. 160506, Buttonhole Attachment
Template Sizes are:
1 1/16 straight
1 1/16 keyhole
Vintage Singer Blind Stitch Attachment with original Manual dating 1949. Blind Stitcher comes with all items pictured in Facebook album for this Featherweight machine (device, original box, manual and attachment screw).
NOTICE: Foxtail suggests READING THE OILING INSTRUCTIONS prior to sewing. The bobbin case in these machines is to have one drop of oil prior to a day of sewing. There are other periodic service suggestions in the instructions and Service Manual that will keep your machine in good working order.
Again, shoppers are encouraged to visit Foxtail's Facebook page to view a complete album of photos at:
Foxtail has a 14 day return policy for Featherweight machines. If you notice a problem, contact Foxtail within 14 days of receipt and a refund will be issued for the purchase price. All machines are thoroughly tested prior to shipping. Please note shipping is non-refundable.Thanks for shopping!